Friday, February 1, 2008

=) I think I need an financial advisor .. Maybe not !










Out of curiosity, how much $$ do you spend monthly or yearly? It's amazing how much we can spent without knowing huh? I waste a lot of it on impulse buys when I should be much more prudent about what I’m purchasing. It’s very similar to the way I habitually spend my money, actually.

During 2006 when I open this card till the end of 2007, I manage to charge 27,437 rewards points (1 reward per dollar spent). What the hell did I charge to end up so much? and that's only on my American express credit. I had a vague notion that I was spending a fair amount here and there, but never added so fast.

I’m currently reading the Automatic Millionaire and I'm loving it. My goal was to see how much $$ I waste in a typical month on misc. junks. (AKA the latte factor.) Oh man, for the month of Jan. I spent almost $770 on misc. junks- that’s not including gas, rent, toll and =( my $100 cable bills.

I’ve never been a good money-saver, as I always find something exciting to spend the extra on. I know you can’t save all your $$; After you only live once, but a little budget won't hurt which I r feel I need to start doing this. So I want to start paying more attention to the way that I spend my time. I want to set up a minor easy budget and to pay myself first. I want to spend a little more time on myself and a little less on others.

1 comment:

Monkey! said...

Doesn't it make so much sense?