Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cancun !




I must say, I’ve been using my time efficiently this past week- researching and booking for things to do for Cancun! I’m proud to say that everything (well almost everything) is book for our 6-day trip to Cancun next week.  =) We will be staying in two hotels. Why?  Since we will be doing things/tours during the first four days, we decided to stay at a regular hotel in the hotel zone. Then we got ourselves an all-inclusive hotel in the hotel zone for the last two days, because we will be chilling at the beach most of the time. Yes, it’s a little costly, but it’s well worth it. Beside life is short, and there’s nothing wrong if we spurge a little on vacation.

Finally, one last thing, I’m going to kill the next person who warms me about Mexico being a  dangerous place, and why I need to cancel my trip. Yes, I know about the Mexican cartels and certain things I should avoid. After all, I’m not as naïve as I look.  It’s not like I’m going there alone or driving around the US/Mexican Borders. Even though I wanted to rent a car in Mexico, to make things easier, the liability is not worth it. We might not be able to visit and do everything we want, but I think we will have fun regardless. I’m so ready to go on this trip!  Ok, I still need to pack and the idea of going somewhere hot and humid doesn’t excite me to do so. Then again, I should do it soon- avoiding last minute packing and forgetting things I need.

Ps.  =) I’m not sure why I love travel books so much! I can literally sit in a bookstore for hours reading all sorts of traveling books.  If I have my own place, I’ll definitely have two bookshelves- one for travel & cookbooks, and another for all my novels.   

No comments: